Al-Hidayah Islamic School was established in 1994 and is situated in the suburb of Bentley, Western Australia. We are a private and independent co-educational school that offers an excellent educational program for our primary-aged students, in both Islamic Studies and General Curriculum. The School adopts a play-based and inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning using the ‘Walker Learning’ approach. The School’s Vision Statement can be found on the School website.
The School currently accommodates nearly 220 students, with a dedicated team of teachers, education assistants, support staff and administrators.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Primary Teacher to join our School in a full-time teaching position commencing in January 2024.
Our curriculum meets and exceeds the requirements of the Western Australian Curriculum, and integrates our Islamic teachings and values from the Holy Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Al-Hidayah Islamic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will have a passion for nurturing children and demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to provide a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment with a focus on inquiry-based pedagogy. There will be opportunities for professional development and mentorship.
The successful applicant will also:
- Actively demonstrate a commitment to promote the Islamic nature of the school as articulated in the School’s Vision Statement, which takes precedence over all other considerations;
- Have a good working knowledge of Islam and its implementation based on Quran and Sunnah;
- Be proficient in the Western Australian Curriculum;
- Be committed to adopting the ‘Walker Learning’ approach to teaching and learning;
- Demonstrate strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Demonstrate initiative, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Demonstrate competency in teaching using English as the medium of instruction.
- Application of current inquiry-based pedagogy and best practice.
- Well-developed knowledge of literacy and numeracy teaching and learning in the early years.
- Responsive to the learning strengths and needs of students from diverse linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in the learning environment.
- Enhance learning through effective use of ICT.
Your application must include:
- Document addressing the selection criteria above (maximum two pages)
- Copy of Primary teaching qualification (minimum four-year tertiary qualification or equivalent)
- Registration with Teacher’s Registration Board of WA (TRBWA)
- Current Working with Children Card
- National Police Clearance
- Proof of Citizenship/Eligibility to work in Australia
Please note that Al-Hidayah Islamic School offers a competitive salary which is dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful applicant, and ongoing professional development.
All applications are to be made via email to the Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be acknowledged, and you will be advised of the outcome of your application. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
Applications close on Friday, 10th November 2023
Apply on SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/70071159
School website: www.islamicschool.com.au